Orecchiette pasta is typically Apulian, and it conquers even the most demanding palates after just one bite: Quattroemme prepares them only with provola cheese, mushrooms and bacon to add a touch of flavour to your table.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- Quattroemme Orecchiette: 320 gr.
- Mushrooms: 300 gr.
- Tomato puree: 500 gr.
- Mozzarella cheese: 1
- Salt: to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil: to taste
- Pecorino cheese: 2 spoons
- Smoked bacon: 100 gr.
- Pepper: to taste
1. First wash and cut the mushrooms and the onion, and brown them with the bacon, with approximately 4 spoons of olive oil. After a few minutes, add the tomato puree and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a low flame for about twenty minutes.
2. In the meantime, cut the mozzarella cheese into slices and put it aside.
3. Cook pasta in plenty of salted water and strain the pasta when still “al dente” (slightly underdone).
4. Spread a layer of mushrooms sauce on the bottom of a pyrex saucepan, then pour on it half of the orecchiette pasta and cover them with mozzarella cheese slices. Follow the same procedure to create more layers until there are no more ingredients and end with a last layer of sauce and a dusting of grated pecorino cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C and serve your Apulian delicacy when still hot!